The typical beef kaldereta recipe tells us to cook with tomato sauce. But you can give this Filipino kitchen mainstay a twist with Ludy’s Peanut Butter to make your family gatherings more exciting.
- 1 kilo, Beef Kalitiran cut into large cubes
- 1 cup, Ludy’s Peanut Butter
- 2 cups, Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup, sliced sweet pickles
- 4 tbsp, cooking oil
- ¼ cup, chopped onions
- 4 cloves, chopped garlic
- ¼ cup, chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized, green bell pepper, cut into squares
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium- sized, Potato, cut into wedges, deep-fried
- 1 medium-sized, Red Bell Pepper, cut into squares
- 1 small-sized, Carrot, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup, Green Olives
- Grated Cheese
Follow these steps:
- Heat pot and add 4 tbsp oil, add beef cubes and sear until brown.
- Remove the beef cubes and set aside. Sauté garlic and onions in the same pot.
- Add the seared beef in the pot and cover the beef with water. Add tomato sauce, stir until well blended.
- Bring to a boil, turn down the heat and cover the pot. Slowly cook the beef until tender. Add small amount of water if the sauce is becoming too thick.
- Add the Ludy’s Peanut Butter, stir until well blended. Then, add pickles, green bell peppers and optional ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Read more #LudysPeanutBetter recipes at our Recipe Corner, and watch our cooking videos on the ILoveLudys Youtube channel. Don’t forget to subscribe!