Add consistency and flavor to your sauté of mix veggies for your Fresh Lumpia with this recipe from our very own kitchen.
For this, you need:
- 300 grams, potato, cut into small cubes, deep-fried
- 250 grams each of 1.) carrots, cut into strips, deep-fried; 2.) cabbage, cut into strips; and 3.) singkamas, cut into strips, deep-fried
- 150 grams, baguio beans, cut into short portions
- 200 grams, pork, cut into thin strips
- 4 tbsp, vegetable oil
- 2 cloves, garlic, chopped
- 1 medium, onion, chopped
- ¾ cup, Ludy’s Peanut Butter
- ½ cup, water
- 2 tbsp, atchuete oil (1 tbsp atchuete and ⅓ cup vegetable oil heated over low fire until the oil turns orange)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lumpia wrapper
For the sauce, you need:
- ¼ cup, soy sauce, ¼ cup, water, and ¼ cup, brown sugar
- Minced garlic
- ¾ cup, *chicken stock (dissolve one chicken cube in two cups of hot water)
- ¼ cup, cornstarch dissolved in ⅓ cup water
Follow these steps:
- In a pan, heat 4 tbsp oil and sauté garlic and onion over medium heat. Then add pork and stir fry for 2 mins. Put baguio beans into the pan, stir and cover for one minute. Add singkamas, potato, carrots and cabbage.
- Next, add ½ cup water and simmer all ingredients until slightly dry. Turn off heat and mix in Ludy’s Peanut Butter. Add 2 tbsp atchuete oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- In a small pot, combine soy sauce, chicken stock, sugar and water. Simmer and thicken with cornstarch solution. The sauce should be slightly thinner than gravy.
- Wrap ⅓ cup of filling in lumpia wrapper.
- Serve Fresh Lumpia in a platter with the sauce and garlic on the side