Peanut butter is a versatile spread that matches sweet or savory dishes. It goes with both snacks and entrees giving them a smooth, creamy consistency (Kare Kare, anyone?). But before we go to the more complicated dishes, here is one for for starters. Try this pandesal with peanut butter recipe (plus banana and jelly) made better wirth Ludy’s Peanut Butter.
Want to give your family much healthier snacks? Then this pandesal with peanut butter recipe is a must-try with its tasty and healthy (it’s packed with protein and potassium!) ingredients.
It’s easy to prepare too. Here’s what you need.
- Ludy’s Peanut Butter
- Strawberry jam (preferably the tart jam, less sugar)
- Bananas, sliced into 1cm thickness
- Cashews, chopped
Follow these steps:
- Using a bread/serrated knife, slice the pandesal in half. Toast for 3-5 minutes.
- On one half of the pandesal, spread the peanut butter evenly. On the other half spread the strawberry jam evenly.
- Sprinkle some chopped cashews on the peanut butter side, then arrange the sliced bananas.
- Cover with the strawberry side and use a decorated toothpick to pin the pandesal.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want to see how it’s prepared? Watch the video here.
Meanwhile, you can find more #MadeWithLudys recipes at our Recipe Corner.